NAC & NEF Boards Call for Candidates
The Naturist Action Committee and the Naturist Education Foundation are independent organizations with different missions:
* The Naturist Action Committee is a non-profit 501(c)4 political advocacy social welfare organization. NAC’s mission is to promote naturists and naturism, to increase opportunities for naturist activities, and protect the naturist opportunities that exist. Its efforts include lobbying, working with other naturist organizations, monitoring and affecting legislation and case law that affects naturists, and promoting naturism as a legitimate recreational activity and lifestyle. It advocates for positive legislation to allow for increased nude use of public lands and beaches and the decriminalization of non-sexual nudity. In addition to legislative advocacy, NAC provides guidance and support for court cases regarding issues involving first amendment rights, improper law enforcement, naturist business and family rights, and top-free rights of women.
* The Naturist Education Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 public charity organization. NEF is dedicated to informing and educating naturists and non-naturists about the many benefits of naturism, improving the awareness of naturism and body acceptance, and achieving an understanding and acceptance of naturists and their activities throughout North America. These goals are achieved by many methods including initiating and participating in projects to further the understanding and acceptance of naturism, awarding grants to projects demonstrating a need and an ability to benefit the causes of naturism and body acceptance, providing knowledgeable speakers for informative presentations, funding professional opinion polls establishing evidence of widespread support, providing awards and scholarships to high-school and college students, providing a growing online compilation of legal materials pertinent to naturists and nudity-related issues, providing local naturist groups with needed informational and financial assistance, producing and funding various educational naturist videos and materials, and supporting lawsuits regarding issues involving first amendment rights, improper law enforcement, naturist family rights, and top-free rights for women. A very important project of NEF is preserving naturist history through the Naturist Education Foundation Research Library (NEFRL), and making that history available to its library members and the general public.
While the missions of NAC and NEF are different, many of the activities overlap and the organizations often work together. Board members serve on both NAC and NEF boards as a dual role. They are elected for three-year terms, which are staggered so that 1/3 of the board positions are open each year.
Anyone wishing to be considered to run for a seat on the NAC and NEF boards in the upcoming 2020 elections may submit their request and documentation at this time.
1. Be a legal resident of the U.S. or Canada.
2. Not be an officer or board member of another national or large regional nudist organization.
3. Be willing to attend the annual meetings of the NAC and NEF boards each year of his/her term,
beginning in 2020.
4. Submit a signed statement requesting consideration as a candidate for the position of board membership
on the NAC and NEF boards and stating that you certify that you meet all board requirements. The
statement should include your full legal name, address, phone number, and email address. It should also
include an explanation of your background, qualifications, credentials, how much time you can dedicate,
and why you should be on the boards. Outline your specific reasons for applying and what you feel you are
“bringing to the table” in the form of relevant experience, expertise, education or background. Board
members are needed who have time to dedicate, who are willing to write and promote the organizations at
gatherings, who can fundraise and contribute, and take leadership on projects. Include three references
with names and contact info who can corroborate your qualifications and character.
Get your 2020 Board Member Appication here: 2020-Board-Member-Application.pdf
5. Submit a clear and current full-length nude photograph.
6. Submit a statement of no more than 500 words for publication in N Magazine.
7. Submit all information to: NAC and NEF Board Candidacy, PO Box 132, Oshkosh, WI 54903, or
email@example.com by the deadline date of June 1, 2020.
Candidates’ names, photos, and statements may be published in N Magazine. Successful candidates’ names, photos, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses will be published on the NAC website, www.naturistaction.org.
Background checks will be performed and potential candidates’ qualifications will be evaluated by the elections committee as part of the vetting process prior to the elections by TNS members.
If you’re not able to serve on the board, but are interested in helping out NAC and/or NEF in other ways, consider signing up as an Area Representative. If you have any questions, please let us know at the email address provided above.
Naturist Action Committee Home Page | Naturist Education Foundation Home Page | Donate to NAC | Donate to NEF
Entire contents © 2000-2019 Naturist
Education Foundation, Inc.